Thursday, February 10, 2011

Goodbye Joshua...

Ahem.

I have been notified by my best blogging bud that I am in need of updating my blog. So here I am, updating my blog. P.S. Like it's been that long. Haha, whatevs.
Anywho,
Yesterday one of my best friends joined Trevor, and left for his mission.
Meet Josh.
Photobucket
We've been friends since middle school. But before we became good friends, we went to one high school dance together. Note the awkward posture. Let it be known that when were riding back from the dance that night with our group, he left me all alone in the back while he took shotgun. True story.
Photobucket
Good thing I still love him after that.
Photobucket
Well this good buddy left to go serve in the San Antonio, TX mission, Spanish speaking. Funny how one of the memories I have of Josh from high school is him complaining about his Spanish class. I had a hard time with Josh leaving. Josh was one of the boys that I was closest to, the one who was always more than willing to give me a ride places, and he was always there with big fat hugs that made your shoulders crack. We always talked about how different things would be when he and the rest of the boys came back. His farewell was a few weeks ago because of ward scheduling but I was glad that I could make it. It made it a little harder though because I knew I wouldn't see him again before he left. So of course, I cried when I told him goodbye. It was bittersweet. But I did get to see some of my favorite people there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These kids keep me young...haha.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
About thirty seconds after the camera shutter clicked, I started crying of course. It's amazing how much we've changed in two years. It'll be amazing to see how much we all change in the next two. But I know that Josh'll be a great missionary.

1 comments:

Chels said...

Oh this was tough, but hes gonna be a great missionary. His farewell was really fun too, seein everyone again was so nice.