Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Had Myself A Very Lazy Christmas...


Christmas was wonderful, honestly. I felt like I needed to cram in some holiday cheer the whole week of Christmas because I was just feeling so Bah Humbug after finals and everything that had gone on in the month of December. A few weeks before I went home, I was struggling. I cried buckets. I remember thinking that this was probably one of the hardest December's I've ever had. But that all magically disappeared when I got home and it was the week before Christmas. The weird thing about Christmas, is that the older you get the faster is comes. Not quite sure how I feel about that.
Back in grade school, when asked about their favorite holiday, kids would always say, "My favorite holiday is Christmas." I didn't want to be like everyone else so I throw out something like Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July. I love those two holidays, but I have a secret special love for Christmas. I love the music. I love that everyone is super nice to each other and strangers tell each other "Happy Holidays" just on the streets. I love the way my Christmas tree looks at night. I love all the decorations. I love that for one month of the year, most of the world is religiously centered on Christ, or that feeling of Christ-like love. I feel like I've put off this post about the holiday because subconsciously, I feel like once I post it, it's over. I'm a sap about Christmas that way. I'm that kid who feels like crying the night of Christmas because it's almost over. I don't know how many Christmases I'll have left at home. But this Christmas holiday was purely wonderful and instead of going into great detail of everything we've done because I'm purely lazy and haven't blogged for days, I'll just list it off.
-Went to the new Chronicles of Narnia with the family. I enjoyed it and as always, there were wonderful bits of actual advice from that lovely lion, Aslan. I want one. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Prince Caspian too.
-Had Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house. Ever since Ky left for his mission, we started having our family get together the night before Christmas since we would be waiting around on Christmas day for a phone call. This year was wonderful. I got some beautiful baking pans and a slow cooker/crock pot. Jayden, my cousin's little boy, was running around, asking if he could help open presents, and of course we all let him because we dote on the younger boys.
-Christmas morning, I ran around and woke up brothers. Cheeko was a little less than enthused and Ky obligingly and dutifully got up. Our parents and Santa spoiled us like no other. Seriously. I got clothes, perfume, jewlery, a Domo DVD, a compilation of Jane Austen's seven novels, a capo, and so many beautifully nice things. I got a beautiful new purse (I think it's lovely at least)and drum roll please..........a new CAMERA. I'm very very very excited about this gift and I can't wait to start taking more pictures with it. Caaaaaan't wait. We had dinner with my grandparents and the missionaries came over that night and played games with us. That night I sat in the dark and looked at our beautifully lighted tree like I try to do every year. As I sat and looked at the beautiful lights, the verse from "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" popped into my head, "The hopes and fears of all the years, are met in Thee tonight."
-We've watched many movies during Christmas break and all of them I've loved. Among the list are Despicable Me, The A Team, and Inception.
-Yesterday, I went snowmobiling with my brother and Dad. There was like four inches of powder where we went. SO MUCH SNOW.


I hope you all had a magical holiday.

Photobucket
I'm Randi...and I feel like I missed something.

0 comments: