Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010....

WARNING: LONG AND SENTIMENTALLY NOSTALGIC BLOG POST AHEAD.

2010 was a big year. So many monumental events took place this year and all the little things were important too. Looking back, I can't believe all the things that have happened this year. I started a blog, turned eighteen, graduated from seminary, I graduated from high school, crushed on boys, had an amazing summer, spent lots of time in the outdoors, had my very last year at Cedar Badge, laughed, smiled, cried, and moved to Logan for my freshman year of college. Let's take a looksie with some pictures:

This was the very first picture of 2010..quite flattering.


I took at trip to the State Capitol with one of my best friends and one of my favorite teachers. We ruled Boise.


I was published in two local magazines.


I got an A on my senior project, the last step to graduating.


I spoke at the First Annual Seminary Fireside and cried my eyes out. The next week, I cooked ten pounds of beef for the Seminary Barbacue. I miss Seminary Council.


I turned eighteen and the next day, I went to my last high school dance with one of my best friends.



I graduated high school. Because I was a senior class officer, I sat on stage alongside some of my best friends.

I had my last and greatest year of Cedar Badge. Ever.


I scarred my leg. Isn't it a beaut?

I went on epic camping trips with my best friends and my family.


I started my freshmen year of college.

One of my best friends left on his mission, the first to go and change our group.


Ky came home from his mission in November.

I got closer with my roommates, met new people, had many adventures in my apartment, and fell in love with Logan.


2010 was a great year, really. One of the best I've ever had. I'll never forget the things that happened this year but it will be exciting to see what the next year holds for me. I know my Father lives, and I know that my brother Jesus Christ lives. I know that I've been blessed with something great. That I've haven't been given the trials that others have endured and that I'll receive trials that will be harder for me than for others because our Father knows what we can endure. My Father loves me. I've really begun to grasp that this year as I been through certain experiences and learned different lessons and received answers. The Church is true, oh so true. Do not let doubt and fear creep into your hearts when you know that your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you and watch out for you. There is a plan set out for all of us and it is up to us to make the right decisions that will lead us to our happiest life. I hope you've had a wonderful holiday and I know great things are in store for all of us. Have a happy new year.

"We can never have a new beginning but we can always have a new ending."


Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley Langston said...

I just started crying a tiny bit. I love you...and the new do.

P.S. I have one too! Can't wait for you to see!